The tomato harvest is in full swing during the next few months, we are fortunate to have full and easy access to this incredible and versatile fruit. If you're able to can only one
food each year, make it tomatoes. They are incredibly useful throughout the winter. Admittedly, this preparation takes time and will make a mess of the kitchen. But it’s
worth the effort!
- This workshop will give you the basics of what you need to know about canning tomatoes.
- We will cover topics of canning safety and quality.
- You will learn how to experiment with recipes and how to design your own.
In this workshop we will make one batch of crushed tomatoes, pickled cherry tomatoes and tomato bruschetta.
You’ll learn to make 3 different Tomato canning recipes, and will go home with small jar of each, as well as a printout of the recipe. It’s the perfect class for beginner and intermediate canners as there will be plenty of time to have all your food preservation questions answered.
- It will be a hands-on food preservation workshops.
- Multiple recipe variations and instructions.
- All ingredients, packing supplies and handouts are included in the price of the class.
- Produce will be provided by Cane Creek Farms and other local farms.
Space is limited and pre-registration is a must.