OUR SECURITY POLICY
We will and have never sold or traded any of our customer information.
We currently use PayPal to process credit cards online. After you place an online order with The Mercantile Co. only authorized employees have access to your order, and they will promptly, process in our store. No member of our staff has access to your credit card number at any stage of processing. Your credit card number is transmitted to PayPal’s payment gateway. Your credit card number is not visible to The Mercantile Co.’s employees throughout the entire order process.
For orders placed directly with our The Mercantile Co. staff, your credit card data may be available from the moment of collection to the moment of authorization.
No part of your financial information is ever stored on any computer with an outside connection to a publicly accessible network (Internet). We do, however, store contact information (excluding financial information) on third-party servers and take the utmost caution to ensure its privacy.
Since our start We have never sacrificed our customers’ personal information for the purpose of extending marketing relationships with outside firms. We have never sold, traded, or rented our mailing list or customer information. We make the decision to protect your privacy because that’s how we want to be treated. It’s just the right thing to do.
With regard to your online privacy, we collect the following pieces of information:
1. When you subscribe to any of our email communications or provide an email address during the checkout process, your email address will be stored on a third-party server. You may unsubscribe from email communications any time; however, your email address will still remain in our system.
2. We monitor our web logs by employing the use of “stat counters.” These assist us in determining possible page incompatibilities, dead links, and the most useful pages to our customers, and they help us create richer content. We do not store information about you, but rather we track information on the performance of our website, and the only identifiable information recorded is your computer’s IP address.
3. When you interact with our system, we store cookies in your browser that allow us to associate carts and checkouts with your shopping sessions. This information is used to improve your online shopping experience and personalize the content for the emails you receive from us, and it may impact the advertisements you see when visiting other websites. These cookies do not collect your personal information such as name, address, or billing information. You can opt-out of the advertisements by visiting Google’s Ad Settings or visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
CHANGES TO POLICY
Our promise to you is….
1. That we will never sell or trade your information.
2. We do not sell your buying habits.
3. Every bit of information you have given to us stays safely with us and our trusted third-party partners—period.